M.h.i.a.b [album Promo] M.h.i.a.b [album Promo]

(5 Stars because I don't want to put an uniformed negative vote in the fray.) Quite excited to hear the rest of this. Obviously an incredibly different approach than the KB stuff. Good luck with the release!

Kingbastard responds:

Thanks man;)

AB - Dradis Contact AB - Dradis Contact

Again a nice step forward, strong overall sound. Strong but not distracting bass riffs, good weaving together synth lines. If I could recommend anything- it would be add some subtler detailings. A few little ornamental synth lines and textures in the background would make this great song amazing. Also, while your song has a great core, make it more flexible and dynamic but tinkering with some individual note volumes- make it sound less obviously like sheer piano roll music. Overall, though, very nice job, look forward to seeing more of your stuff!

AB - Focused AB - Focused

Good layering of sounds and synths. Especially dig the swirling line that comes in around the minute mark. Very well done during that spot. Also, that gated synth sounds very nice and fills its role well. Again, the breakdown at the two-minute mark is nice- very impressive. The only things I don't dig as much are: that stock, flat drum sound. You need a better kit, some fuller samples. Also, the beginning is a bit awkward- it kind of meddles around and falls into the first drop. Use a subtler, more patient build, then cash in when it really feels right.
Great job. Your stuff keeps getting better. Good luck in future!

AsteroidBlues responds:

Not much to say except thanks and you are right about lot of things )

AB - Tension AB - Tension

Definitely a progression from your older stuff. I love the buried sound (lowpass filters perhaps?) of the drums and wah-guitar-lie synth and the explosion into the fuller sound at the minute mark. Quite skilled transitions. Yet I'd especially like to see more experimentation- you know, less four-bars of the same, then four bars of slightly different, and then four slightly more different...etc. The key changes, while keeping things interest, are kind of stock- find new ways to keep things interesting or cut the song short. I love short songs because they prevent ideas from becoming stale, and in this song, they overstay their welcome a bit. But overall, this is quite something! Catchy, groovy, and fun. Keep it up. Oh, and the change from 3.5 stars to 3 from my last review of your song isn't significant. I've simply become a harsher critic.
Best of luck!

AsteroidBlues responds:

Thanks for a great review man )
Yeah it was a simple freq change in lowpass filter )
And four-bar-repeat thing was really a bummer up until i started writing something dubstep-ish(you can check my Disturbance here and another track which i will post today). I`m still using 4 bar pattern but its much less repetative when it comes to dub. And tracks are much shorter too.
Still need to experiment more though, you are right )

Sin Thesis Sin Thesis

Interesting

Obviously a lot of work went into this, cool fusion of techno, metal, punk. Kepp on going!

8 Bit Flavour 8 Bit Flavour

Loving the glitch beat

What's wrong with this song? Nothing. Well the melodies are spot on, along with the instruments, and there's no game this couldn't fit. Great job, keep on making great tunes.

~*Gamers Arcade*~ ~*Gamers Arcade*~

You Couldn't Put This In a Game

Because then all the characters wouldn't stop dancing.

Awesome song, keep it up!

Cembawalkie Cembawalkie

Digging every part

How does this NOT belong in a game? It reminds me of every castle in every videogame I've ever played. Excellent melodies and progressions, also digging the instruments. Honestly, finding something like this on newgrounds makes the search worth it.

JPRixdorfer responds:

Wow, thank you!

I guess it's true. It really is pretty castley, although I didn't even have that in mind :)
Just striding around my castle :D

Thanks for the review and the very kind words!

Nyan Cat 8-Bit! Nyan Cat 8-Bit!

Kind of Annoying... but In a Good Way!

I love the pixely awesomeness of it- good transformation mate! Always a classic.

ManuelTacoface responds:

Thanks dude!

"once Morifo" WIP "once Morifo" WIP

Some Parts Awesome, Some Parts Good

All of the actual music is fantastic, but some of the instruments clash just a tad. I love that harp/piano (can't tell which), and that melody is beautiful, but then the synthy instrument after it kinda throws it off I think. I love the synthy strings after that though, and overall the song is pretty great, I just might change that one synth lead.

Ankalegon responds:

Thanks for the review, this is exactly what i needed. I agree abt the synth instrument being a little clashy... I wish i could collaborate w someone who knows his/her way around drum n bass or house music... I definitely don't have the most exp with it but i do appreciate it.
that synth lead is where the title comes from.. it's a deviation of the riff from morrowind / oblivion / skyrim and it was stuck in me head... (Morifo = Morrowind rip off :) )
I'm glad the rest appealed to you and i'm def not done w it.